Discover new ways to help students and young people manage their emotions – and improve academic performance.
This hugely informative, far-reaching webinar gives you essential new information and fast, effective techniques to lower anxiety levels and unblock thinking in students and young people.
What you will learn
- How anxiety contributes to poor learning, reduces motivation, causes writer’s block, freezes students' ability to remember what they’ve learned, impacts negatively on exam performance etc
- New insights into why so many of our students and young people experience anxiety today – and the serious impact this can have on their mental health (in some cases leading to suicide)
- The important links between learning and emotion
- Key factors to remember when you're working with anxious students and young people
- Fast, effective techniques to unblock thinking and lower anxiety levels
- Effective strategies for improving learning and retention that are in tune with how our brains actually work
- A holistic model of learning that brings it all together
- Tips on helping young people gain essential life skills
- Important ways students can look after their own mental health and general wellbeing
- A range of clear, practical actions that students (and tutors!) can take to start reducing their anxiety right away
Who is this webinar for?
- You – if you want to know the best ways to help a student – whether for professional or personal reasons – who's overly stressed or anxious
- Anyone wanting to know more about the latest effective strategies for alleviating emotional distress that incorporate the latest insights from neuroscience
- Anyone working with or caring for stressed, depressed and anxious people who wishes to understand what's causing the symptoms and how best to help
- This includes: parents, psychotherapists, university counsellors, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, social workers, youth workers, wellbeing officers, trainee counsellors, psychology students, etc.
• • • • •
Feedback from the live webinar
"This was hugely helpful - my daughter and I have learnt so much, and it's made a lot of sense of numerous things that have been happening for her – really can't thank you enough for making this information available."
"Gareth was brilliant, so easy to listen to and learn from – I work with students and see what he's describing all the time, I wish my colleagues had heard this"
"Please thank everyone involved with the human givens approach for making coherent sense of what was, and still is for many people, a right old muddle – it brings all the relevant information about what it is to be human together into a simple whole that enables us to see ourselves and get ourselves together. In an insane age it provides more than a glimmer of human hope."
"Really useful, so much information was covered – lots of great ideas to try - loved the questions from other attendees, they brought out even more valuable information from Gareth's experience."
"I've learnt masses, everything was very clearly explained, thank you."
Find out more...
as a hypnotherapist with plenty of experience of anxiety, I found this to be invaluable and a great addition to my work. packed full with useful guidance. ...Read More
as a hypnotherapist with plenty of experience of anxiety, I found this to be invaluable and a great addition to my work. packed full with useful guidance. thank you. Lorraine S, Westport USARead Less
Great course. I've learned a lot. Clear, useful, encouraging.
Great course. I've learned a lot. Clear, useful, encouraging.Read Less
This is the first time I use Human Given Webinar. I found it very informative. The structure was clear and easy to follow. This will certainly help me in my ...Read More
This is the first time I use Human Given Webinar. I found it very informative. The structure was clear and easy to follow. This will certainly help me in my work with first year university students.Read Less