An essential overview of the mental health continuum, this indepth webinar looks at what happens when we become stressed, what causes it, the factors that can reduce our ability to cope, why too much stress can trigger mental health and behavioural problems – and much more…
Bringing much-needed clarity to the subject of wellbeing, Ivan Tyrrell shares his extensive knowledge and experience as he explains revolutionary ideas on what causes mental illness, such as depression and psychosis, how we can prevent it, and what we need to change to promote greater mental health and wellbeing.
You will learn:
- The common myth about stress we shouldn't ignore
- How stress impacts on our mental and physical health
- The 'human function curve': what we need to stay mentally healthy, what leads to breakdown – and the warning signs to look out for
- How dreaming normally reduces stress levels – and what can go wrong
- Common causes of stress – and what we can do about them
- The link between stress and depression – how to break the cycle
- Why stress sometimes leads to psychotic breakdowns
- Why stress can cause anger problems, addictions and more
- The link between psychological trauma and stress
- The importance of a mentally healthy work environment
- How knowledge of the human givens enables us to understand and treat mental illness more effectively
- What you can do to moderate stress – in yourself and others – and much more...
• • • • •
"Thanks for offering this terrific seminar. It was well worth my time"
"Please thank everyone involved with the human givens approach for making coherent sense of what was, and still is for many people, a right old muddle. It seems to bring all the relevant information about what it is to be human together into a simple whole that enables us to see ourselves and get ourselves together. In an insane age it provides more than a glimmer of human hope."
"Thank you for providing this extremely helpful seminar. I have attended some live human givens courses and they have dramatically changed my approach to treating depression – to good effect!"
"This should be taught in schools - the importance of this information shouldn't be underestimated"
"So many light-bulb moments for me listening to this – really helped clarify why my husband is struggling to cope and what we need to do about it"
• • • • •
About this course
- 3 lessons
- 1 hour of video content
This webinar was brief but thorough. It's forever changed my understanding of both thought induced and physically induced stressors. I strongly believe a goo...Read More
This webinar was brief but thorough. It's forever changed my understanding of both thought induced and physically induced stressors. I strongly believe a good therapist must master themselves first by healing themselves using the methodologies they're taught. The teacher must also be the student's student. Like Dr Erickson said "The patient does the therapy" by doing the work first, we can more effectively guide others out of their darkness. This is where you'll find the flashlightRead Less
This was brilliant! I missed the original webinar and was so pleased to see that it's now available to view here, well worth taking the time to listen to. T...Read More
This was brilliant! I missed the original webinar and was so pleased to see that it's now available to view here, well worth taking the time to listen to. ThanksRead Less